This piece by Marc Shepherd will go in the Required Reading section of LJiC. My hope is I can look back on this article years from now and laugh at our paranoia over the “perceived” threat of terrorism. That’s my hope, but reality has a way of dashing unfounded hopes, doesn’t it?
There was a great deal of talk about “connecting the dots” a few years ago. Well, take a look at these “dots.”
While Democrats prepare witless campaign slogans blaming Republicans for millions of children not protected by health insurance, al Qaeda’s blatant threat to exterminate 2 million American kids remains unheeded. And it will likely continue to be, notwithstanding mounting evidence that there exists no peril on Earth our young need greater protection from today than merciless jihadist monsters.
Not lack of a national insurance plan. Not global warming. Not racial or cultural disparities. Not even the Patriot Act, any of its overplayed incursions into individual liberties, or any of the other countless silly and diaphanous liberal causes célèbres, but rather that which would abruptly and savagely end their innocent short lives.
Nearly 6 months have passed since I first challenged the inexcusable refusal by DHS and FBI authorities to publicly connect the obviously connectable dots representing an unnerving number of alarming events — particularly in the wake of the Beslan school massacre. These include:
* Videotapes confiscated in Afghanistan showing al-Qaeda terrorists training to takeover a school [newly available Video]
* Spokesman Suleiman Abu Gheith‘s declaration of al-Qaeda’s “right” to kill 2 million American children
* An Iraqi national with known terrorist connections caught with a computer disk containing information detailing Department of Education crisis planning for U.S school districts.
* Two Saudi men – one wearing a black trench coat despite the Florida heat — terrifying a busload of Tampa schoolchildren by boarding a school bus and remaining for the entire ride to school, all the while laughing and speaking Arabic.
* A March FBI/DHS bulletin noting “recent suspicious activity” by foreigners who drive school buses, are licensed to drive them, or have actually managed to purchase them right here at home. Including “members of the unnamed extremist groups” who have obtained commercial drivers licenses with school bus endorsements.
* Osama bin Laden’s promise that the 2004 terrorist attack at Beslan will happen many times over in the United States.
In that time, little or nothing has been done to relieve parents’ understandable anxieties, despite the fresh dots which continued to accrue on this disturbing non-puzzle.
Dots like the seventeen full-sized yellow school buses reported stolen from charter schools, business schools and private bus companies in Houston, Texas, over the past few months. Connect to that and previous disturbing stories the fact that thousands of school bus radios have also been stolen (2000 in California in 2005 alone), and the images shaped should be triggering earsplitting alarms throughout all branches of media and law enforcement.
But instead — the silence looms apparent while the question remains: Why?
This is an important piece.
The Glen Beck video from CNN mentioned above is another warning cry. I strongly urge the readers of LJiC to watch this series, and spread the word. One of the guests in the video asks “What part of ‘We are at war, and our children are threatened do we not understand?” Are we living in a September 10th world in regards to this threat? I pray we are not.
Amen. How in the world can we ignore this threat, this thing the Islamists call “The Perfect Day?”
This video of Beslan continues to haunt. And yes, it can happen here. Beslan was a dress rehearsal for Al-Qaeda’s attack on America.
We fight World War IV on many fronts. Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, The Philippines, are but a few of the locations. Military, Economic, Technological are but a few of the ways. The Islamo-Fascists continue to find new ways to attack us, in ways the Nazis never dreamed of. While the evil of Iran speaks to the United Nations, his allies plan attacks on our children and our schools.