Liberty Just in Case

A Dialogue for the September 12th World

Archive for August 12th, 2008

Couldn’t Happen to a Nicer Bum

Posted by redsatellite on August 12, 2008

Good riddance. The political career of John Edwards is completely- and I do mean COMPLETELYfinished.

John Edwards’ explanation of his affair with videographer Rielle Hunter includes several apparent inconsistencies, which grate against his assertion that he was telling “99 percent” of the truth before coming clean Friday in a confessional interview.

Edwards admitted to the affair with Hunter, saying it began in 2006. He denied it for months it following reports by the National Enquirer last October.

But discrepancies between his story and the unraveling timeline of events raise more questions about whether Edwards’ attempts to come clean are in fact just more lies and half-truths.

’99 percent of the truth’? What an absolute HOOT!

Meanwhile, the issue of paternity is a question that is not likely to be resolved soon.

Hmmm…an affair AND a possible ‘love child’. That 99 percent truth leaves QUITE a large size 1 percent! Looks like John Edwards might land up in the same paternity boat JESSE JACKSON… sank in.

And the National Enquirer put a hole in that boat both times. Hilarious.

Posted in Campaign \'08, Defeatocrats, Morality, MSM | Leave a Comment »

Can You Say “Secret Police?” Obama Thought You Could

Posted by Mark on August 12, 2008

We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.   Barack Obama 7/2/08

I’ve replayed this quote multiple times, and listened to the whole speech as much as I can stand. Ed Morrisey,in the link I provided, does a creditable job of putting the statement in context. It appears to be just more of Obama’s mish-mash of statements that really don’t mean anything.

But when a Presidential Candidate with the fascist leanings of Obama uses something like “civilian national security force” we must take the phrase seriously, even when it’s difficult to take Barry seriously.

Posted in Defeatocrats, Liberalism, Politics | 1 Comment »