Liberty Just in Case

A Dialogue for the September 12th World

Archive for May 16th, 2007

Every One Believes in Global Warming…er…Catastrophic Climate Change…NOT.

Posted by Mark on May 16, 2007

Matter of fact, fewer and fewer real scientists are buying the hype all the time:

Following the U.S. Senate’s vote today on a global warming measure (see today’s AP article: Senate Defeats Climate Change Measure,) it is an opportune time to examine the recent and quite remarkable momentum shift taking place in climate science. Many former believers in catastrophic man-made global warming have recently reversed themselves and are now climate skeptics. The names included below are just a sampling of the prominent scientists who have spoken out recently to oppose former Vice President Al Gore, the United Nations, and the media driven “consensus” on man-made global warming.

Funny that we aren’t hearing much of this, isn’t it?

Posted in Environment, Uncategorized | 10 Comments »

Z Visa…As In E-Z Life to Amnesty

Posted by Mark on May 16, 2007

Meanwhile, back at the Senate….the immigration bill….is making its way through. And folks, it’s uglier than Rosie ODonnell’s baby pictures.

Senators negotiating a bipartisan immigration reform bill have settled on the details of a plan that would immediately grant legal status to all illegal immigrants currently in the United States. The deal on “Z visas” for illegal immigrants is one of several issues where Democrats and Republicans have reached broad agreement.

But as senators emerged from what they had hoped would be a final round of negotiations Tuesday, they indicated that painstakingly slow progress would keep them from meeting the deadline set by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to begin debate on a bill today. Late Tuesday, Reid agreed to push that deadline to Monday. “They tell me they’re 80% of the way,” Reid said in announcing the delay. “That’s fine, the other 20% is hard.”

The plan to award legal status to all illegal immigrants who meet certain qualifications would occur only after other “triggers” are met. These triggers would require that certain border security and work-site enforcement measures be in place before other aspects of the overhaul go forward.The Z visa plan would start with the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States going on a probationary legal status.

If the triggers are met — a process that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) estimated would take 18 months — then illegal immigrants who qualify could get Z visas.

There you have it ladies and gentlemen….12 million new citizens. Congratulations undocumented workers, aliens, lawbreakers, criminals, – you’ve ducked the law. You’ve done it….You’ve made America bend to your will!

And just like the prior amnesty in 1986, this will OPEN the floodgates again. I see it’s time for my meds…..I’m about to detonate.

Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments »